ROI vs. ROi
Rather than try to recap the entire event myself, I’ll leave it to others (although John Cass couldn’t bring his laptop and Greg PC was a panelist and perhaps a bit too preoccupied to take notes). Which reminds me, we’re still looking for an official Digital Scribe for our events!
I will share some of my favorite quotes and insights from last night (a couple of which predate the event)…
- Greg PC: “It’s not about ROI, it’s about ROi, with a small I.”
- Top 5 most frequently heard objections to social media
- Katie Paine: “It’s not about how many eyeballs, it’s about the right eyeballs.”
- Old Quote: Shel Israel: “There’s really no need to measure the ROI of blogs. After all, is it necessary to measure the ROI of your pants?”
- Counter quote: Charlene Li, Forrester: “Successful blog management requires measurement.”
- So who’s right?
- Susan Getgood: “How do you get buy-in for social media? Combine it with traditional marketing activities.”
- “How do you join the conversation? First, stop selling yourself.
- Katie Paine: “As a [PR] profession, we’ve spent our lives screaming at people. Stop screaming and start listening.”