Help us keep Social Media Club Boston events free! We’re looking for sponsors to help cover the costs of hosting a group of between 75 and 150 (and sometimes larger) social media gurus, students and fans.
The Social Media Club Boston is the largest local group in the worldwide Social Media Club network, and attracts potential employees, customers, partners and users for any company looking to grow their visibility among social media savvy people.
The Social Media Club Boston meets on a monthly basis to discuss all aspects of social media. Each program focuses on a specific topic, and includes a panel discussion and break-out sessions to explore various facets of each topic.
If you’re a company seeking to get involved and enjoy more visibility, there are three ways you can get involved:
- Join the Social Media Club as a Small Business ($250). This membership level in the Social Media Club includes three (3) Professional memberships for employee representatives of the company, a special listing in the Social Media Club Company Directory, a special 125×50 ad that will be highlighted (via rotation) on the Social Media Club website and additional benefits.
- Sponsor a Local Event ($500 – $1,000). See below for requirements and benefits.
- Join the Social Media Club as a Corporate Member. ($2,499). In addition to the benefits listed for Small Business Members above, the corporate membership level includes (10) professional memberships for employee representatives of the company and a special 125×125 ad that will be highlighted (via rotation) on the Social Media Club website.
Requirements of Local Event Sponsorship
Becoming a sponsor will typically cost between $500 and $1000, depending on your access to a venue large enough to host the group. The venue must accommodate a minimum of 50 people, but we much prefer larger venues that can hold up to 150 people. As a sponsor, you are responsible at a minimum for booking the venue. Most sponsors also agree to pick up the cost of providing food and drink to the group–the club will work closely with you to make sure you have an up-to-date attendee count to help you plan. Alcoholic beverages are not required, nor is food and drink, but providing some form of extra incentive and nourishment helps get people in the seats and keep them focused during the event–always a good thing! As a sponsor, you are encouraged to bring collateral, giveaways and provide your own promotional signage. We also ask sponsors to help print out directional signage to be posted at the event to keep people from getting lost. We will provide the Social Media Club logo for this.
Benefits of Local Event Sponsorship
A Social Media Club Boston event sponsor receives the opportunity to:
- Identify the topic for discussion (subject to approval)
- Suggest one moderator or panelist (subject to approval)
- Provide up to five minutes of opening remarks to kick the event off
As mentioned before, sponsors are encouraged to bring collateral, giveaways and provide promotional signage at the event. In addition, the Social Media Club will promote your sponsorship with a name, logo and link in:
- A minimum of two event email announcements (the Social Media Club Boston announcement email list consists of more than 200 technology, marketing, advertising, PR and business professionals)
- A blog post announcing the event on the main Social Media Club Boston website
- The Social Media Club Boston website (for a minimum of one year)
- The event signup page
- When possible, an event recap blog post on the main Social Media Club Boston website
- Attendee nametags
If you are interested in exploring the benefits of sponsorship further, or have a topic to suggest, please drop a note to Todd Van Hoosear at email@example.com. Thank you!
Sponsors of past Social Media Club events have included:
- Topaz Partners
- Lois Paul & Partners
- Text 100
- WeberShandwick Worldwide
- Hill Holliday
- Microsoft NERD Center
- Precinct Bar Somerville
- Boston Bar Association
- Lansdowne Pub
- Isis Parenting
- Moms & Jobs
- Constant Contact
To help manage costs and offer our social media expertise to a broader audience, Social Media Club Boston will often hold events in conjunction with other great Boston-based programs. Our sponsoring partners include:
- The Society for New Communications Research
- AMA Boston
- PRSA Boston
- The Publicity Club of New England
- Boston Communications Happy Hour